Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pink and Black Thinking Of You

I  made this pink and black - Thinking of you card for my friend in India. I used the Sketch #4 of Verve December VLV Sketches. This sketch is designed by Teresa - she has some awesome Verve creations on her blog.


The theme this time was Christmas Ornaments and Decor. I used this Pink and Black Ornament from Etsy as my inspiration.

I used the Verve Kind Words stamp set for this card. I have stamped the flower from this set in Ranger DI - Spun Sugar. It has that dreamy pink look. I stamped the sentiment over it using Memento Black Ink. The papers are all from my stash - they are a mix of KI memories and PTI.

Also for the very first time I also tried Dawn McVey's Ribbon tying tutorial and I have to say, I am very happy with how my bow turned out. Some MS Punched out Butterflies completed my card.

Here is the sketch,

Thanks for Stopping by,
Supplies:
Stamp - VERVE Kind Words
Paper - PTI White and Raspberry Fizz CS, PTI and KI Memories Patterned Papers
Ink - Memento Black, Ranger DI - Spun Sugar
Other- Offray Ribbon, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Nestabilities

5 comments:

Imke said...

Banu, your card is lovely. The colors fits great together and i absolutely love the butterflies. Hugs to you !!

Sara Paschal said...

Love it Banu;)

Donelda said...

awesome card! pink and black is such a classic color combo!! My favorite part is the additional layer of dp under the ribbon!!

Jen A said...

Lovely card! One of my favorite color combos! I'm sure your friend will enjoy this very much.

Chris said...

very pretty!! your friend will love it!