Thursday, July 26, 2012

Distress Ink Farm Scene

Yay!!! I finally got to ink my On the Farm stamp set from PTI. I was browsing through some blogs and saw this distress ink scene tutorial from Isha and the challenge on Do More with Less blog about getting inspired from a packaging.

I was totally inspired by the Yogurt that I buy for our home all the time. Here is my inspiration image.
See how there is a barn and all the sloping green grassy hills and of course the cow...:)) So, here is my card based on this packaging and using the distress ink scene technique from Isha.
 
 I created the grass scene first with a few masks and then stamped the Sun image from the On the farm set. Added a bit more of distress inks, stamped the barn image. I die cut the cow from PTI On the farm die and then added a few black markings using Copic Black marker and a sentiment completed the card.

Thanks for stopping by,
Supplies:
Stamp - PTI On The Farm
Ink - Memento Black, Ranger Distress Inks, Copic Black Marker
Paper - PTI White, Rustic White and Pure Poppy Cardstock
Other - PTI On the Farm Die

6 comments:

Amy said...

Great card! It's amazing where we find our inspiration isn't it?

Sara Tieszen Paschal said...

This is cute, love the techniques you used.

yyam said...

Oooh...this is sooooo cute! I love your interpretation on the packaging! And how you've incorporated Isha's technique too!

Thank you so much for playing along!

Imke said...

Awesome card, Banu ! The scene looks really great.

Isha said...

Love how you used your inspiration photo, your scene is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Yvonne's blog :)

Susan said...

Oh my goodness this is SO cute!! I love the colors and the layout. That grass is awesome!!

I've been meaning to answer your question about my PTI stamp storage...I did indeed go back and take all of my sets out of the CD cases and transferred them onto acetate. I slowly peeled the index labels off but not all of the adhesive came with it. So I cut out the images and used my ATG gun to paste them onto the acetate. It did take some time but well worth it. I really love my new CHEAP storage. :)