Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Bird-day

Lawrence, KS - yup that is where we were. Along with some scrapbooking friends of mine, we took a road trip to Lawrence, Kansas to take a brayering technique class from Michelle Zindorf. It was an amazing class. I will share some of my class cards also soon. On our road trip, we stopped at quite a few scrapbook stores in Andover, Shawnie and Overland Park and I was finally able to acquire my very first Paper Smooches Stamp set - Birthday Buddies. YAY.. Loving this set.

So, as I was putting my stash away today, I had to create this quick card using FTL 199 Sketch and Paper Smooches Sparks Color challenge.

I stamped the wood grain background using Market Street stamps wood grain background stamp. Then I stamped the bird from Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set colored it, cut it out and popped it up with some foam dots.  I love the sentiment from that stamp set as well. Although this is not totally CAS, just loved how it turned out.

Here are the challenge and sketch images,




Thanks for stopping by,
Supplies:
Stamp - Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set, MSS Wood Grain background stamp
Paper - PTI Harvest Gold, Blueberry Sky, Rustic White, White and Kraft CS
Ink - Memento Black, Memento Toffee Crunch, Copics
Other - None

14 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like you had an awesome road trip! Isn't Birthday Buddies great? Love your card...that bird is so stinkin' cute!

maddymuscles said...

Paper smooches stamps are the best :) Cute card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute card...

Amy said...

This is adorable, Banu! I love the colors and that little bird is so cute and funny. I NEED some PS stamps!

Monica said...

Very cute card Banu. So it was a Michelle Zindorf workshop you were attending, the cards from the workshop look really awesome.

Unknown said...

Sounds like that would have been a wonderful trip;)
I love the card sketch and the stamp set you used for it. Great job!

Gabby said...

Nice card! Love the three PS bird-day blue birds! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

cute!

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Banu...your Images is so cute and the color inspiration really people can see on your card...great idea...really lovely card.. :)


I am joining also Paper smooches Sparks challenge, my card is Nr. 24, would you mind to see it on my blog? Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

Chris Dring said...

Awww! What a cute card! Love it!

Teresa Kline said...

cute card, luv those birds...hope you have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Angela said...

I love your fun bird card, Banu...it's adorable!

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Love your adorable birds. Thanks so much for playing along with the Sparks challenge!

Imke said...

These little birdies are super cute, Banu !