Thursday, November 15, 2018

Happy Holidays Poinsettia Card

I am enjoying card making so much. I did this Holiday Greetings Poinsettia card for two challenges.

1. Clean and Simple Cards Challenge - Sketch #298

2. Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week 493 - Poppies and/or the colour red

I did not find a poppies stamp in collection readily. So I went with the color red instead. I used this Poinsettias from PTI's "Year of Flowers: Poinsettias" Stamp set. I stamped them on a text printed paper and then colored over it with Copics. I love how elegant this CAS card looks.


The sentiment is also from the same stamp set. Overall, this card turned out great and I would reuse this sketch to create a few bulk holiday cards. The scalloped border adds very good detail.

Thanks for Stopping by,
Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Year of Flowers: Poinsettia
Paper: Coredinations Prefolded Kraft Cardstock, PTI Printed Cardstock, PTI Pure Poppy Card Stock
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Other: Hobby Lobby Red Gemstone, SU Scallop Border Punch

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

A lovely card and the design looks really good on the kraft card.
Thank you for joining our 'Poppies and/or red challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

samantha's cards said...

Beautiful card, I love the print paper you used for the background. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Patricia Hays said...

I really like the timeless elegance of the poinsettias and the color scheme you chose. Thanks so much for making CC&S part of your crafting time! :)

Beverley said...

Beautiful. I love how yout have stamped and coloured on the text paper. Such a wonderful festive card. Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x