Thursday, June 25, 2009

Copic Challenge 6 and TECC sketch 73

I was very excited to find the Copic blog where they are posting copic related challenges. I have fallen in love with Copics and it is so much fun to participate in these challenges. You can see the link for Copic challenges on my right nav bar.

Copic Challenge #6 was Copic marker coloring techniques for Wood. I searched my stamp sets and found two stamp sets which I could use with this challenge. Boards and Beams by PTI which has the house and I can kind of treat it like a wood cabin... and also Time For you by PTI which has the wooden bench. So I decided to do two cards :)

This first card is using PTI's Board and Beam stamp set. I colored the main slats of the house using browns and tried to get in the weathered look, it has not come out that great, but for my first try..I kind of liked it.



Here are the copics I used for this card,



I used the W5 for the shingles and then used the colorless blender to kind of lighten it. I used the w3 for the door and Y11 for the windows -- in retrospect it feels too bright, I might have used some other color. The browns were used on the slats and Y28 was used for the posts and window slats.

For the second card, I used the TECC 73 sketch and colored the wooden bench....



Here are the Copics I used for this card,



Here is the TECC 73 sketch,



Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Board and Beams, SU Time For You
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Paper - AC Dark Brown CS, GKD Pure Luxury White, PTI Kraft CS, SU Tangergine Tango, My Minds Eye Polka Dot DP, PTI Bitty Boxes DP
Other - Nestabilities Tags Trio, Marvy Scalloped Square Punches, EK Success Border Punch

3 comments:

Amy said...

Both of these cards are darling! I think your weathered house looks great, and that bench card is just so warm and inviting.

Unknown said...

Great job on both of these, the bench image is very CUTE!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, I love both of your cards! Well done and great choices for images. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.