Saturday, July 25, 2009

PTI July Blog Hop - with catalog inspired colors



PTI July blog hop was twist on text integrated into our projects. I started out with creating a card with crayon resist background using PTI Background Basics - Text and Garden of life. I kind of liked that effect as well. But when I saw my finished card, I realized that I had glued on the text portion upside down. It might not make a difference, but some how I was not happy with it. So, I had to create another card. Here is my card for the blog hop.



Here is a closeup of the flowers - I cut them out with cuttlebug, stamped with the PTI Background basics - text and then crumpled them a bit for a vintage look and added a New Leaf button in the center.



Here is the catalog that inspired the colors of the birdhouse,



And the copics I used for the birdhouse,



I decided to add my first attempt as well...even thought the text is facing upside down. I some how liked this card. I used glossy card stock and first stamped the PTI Background basics - text in stazon black ink. Once that dried, I stamped the flower from PTI Garden of Life. Then I colored it with crayon and dabbed Berry Sorbet ink all over the card stock. I added a simple ribbon, sentiment and some flowers that I did the same treatment as the first card, cut with cuttlebug and stamped with PTI Background Basics - Text.



Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for stopping by. :)

Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Background Basics Text, PTI Garden of life, PTI Bird Watching
Paper - PTI Spring Moss, Kraft, Vintage White CS
Ink - PTI Berry Sorbet, New Leaf, Memento Black
Other - SU Small Oval Punch, SU Corner Punch, PTI Vintage Button, Copics, Cuttlebug, PTI White Ribbon, Generic Flowers with bling

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful Job Banu, I so love your text flowers;) Your birdhouse card is wonderful and the color combo of your second card is one of my faves. Way to go!

Amy said...

2 very neat projects! I love the first one with the little bird flying over the sentiment--so cute!

Chrissy said...

nice job Banu! Thanks for sharing your inspiration piece as well!

Chris said...

both of these are wonderful!! love your flowers...>"<

Susan said...

These are both beautiful! I think you did a fantastic job! Those flowers are just gorgeous!! Which Cuttlebug dies do you use?

AKiteFlier said...

Super cute birdhouses and I love that you are willing to post a card that was not - in your mind - perfect - not many of us are willing to show our boo boos but you are right - it was worth sharing cause it's a cute card and we can ALL relate to adhering something upside down (I often stamp my envies upside down). Thanks for sharing. :-)

Nancy L. said...

great cards!

Daniela F. said...

Both of your blog hop cards are wonderful!! Very cute coloring on the birdhouses :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both cards are wonderful. Great job with you coloring as well. Super fun and fresh use of text.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kathleen said...

Really love your cards~~The flowers are great---such a great job~~