Monday, October 05, 2009

WCMD Challenges from PTI

Nichole Heady at PTI had these four challenges for the World Card Making Day. It was like globe trotting with cards :) Lots of fun.

WCMD Challenge #1 - Japan



I did not have any Asian Themed PTI Stamp sets. So I used the combination of Boxes, Bags and Tags and Beyond Basic Borders. I created this card bases on my feel of Japan and its art and colors :)



Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Boxes, Bags and Tags, PTI Beyond Basic Border
Paper - PTI Ocean Tides Bitty Boxes DP, PTI Rustic Cream CS, PTI Pure Poppy CS
Ink - PTI Pure Poppy, PTI New Leaf
Other - SU Word Window Punch, White Gel Pen, Sakura Star Burst Pen

WCMD Challenge #2 - Mexico



I used the Guidelines 2 Stamp set to create a tiled background and used it with Lemon Tart Bitty boxes DP. Some how these colors always convey Mexico to me :)



Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Guidelines 2, PTI Vintage Picnic
Paper - PTI Bitty boxes DP in Lemon Tart, Guidelines 2 CS, PTI Ripe Avocado CS
Ink - PTI Pure Poppy, Ranger Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, PTI New Leaf
Other - PTI Vintage Buttons

WCMD Challenge #3 - India



I used the Guidelines stamp set to create the background and then added some bling to it. Kept it simple with juts the sentiment (which I printed from the computer). I added a few pure poppy buttons too. I used a combination of Orange and red Inks as lot of Indian Saree's have this color combination over pale blue background :)


It might be hard to see the bling on this card as the photograph might not be capturing it well. But it looks beautiful IRL.

Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Guidelines
Ink - PTI Pure Poppy, PTI Orange Zest, Versamark
Paper - PTI Aquamist and Pure Poppy card stock
Other - PTI Vintage Buttons, Gem stones

Challenge #4 - Australia



I was influenced by the reds and browns in the Australian art and plus I used the challenge of dotting the stamped images with White Gel Pen. :)



Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Background Basics Retro, PTI Flower Garden
Paper - PTI Kraft, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate CS, PTI White CS
Ink - PTI Dark Chocolate
Other - Nestabilities, Ribbon, White Gel Pen

4 comments:

Amy said...

Gosh Banu these are all beautiful! I had an idea for India, but couldn't get it done in time, but I was completely stumped by Australia! And your Australia card is my favorite!

Sara Paschal said...

Wonderful job on your creations I love your Australia card so very pretty and your india card the color combo is perfect and the bling. Very nic job, let's keep our fingers crossed.

Chris said...

these are all beautiful!! >"<

Sue Lelli said...

They are all FAB but my favorites are India and Australia. Just beautiful cards!!!