Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Family in Orange Orchard

I did this layout for the Sketchy Thursday Sketch Challenge. I used this photo that we had taken in an Orange Orchard near Three Rivers, California. My Parents loved this whole concept of open Orchards and the long neat row of Orange Trees :) I used mostly My Minds Eye Papers for this Layout and some generic CS. I cut out the shaped image from Cricut Storybook Cartridge. It feels nice to be using Cricut again - I guess it is because I am doing lot more LO's now a days. I used felt thickers for the title. I took inspiration from the colors in the photo - Orange, green and browns for the colors of my layout.

Here is the sketch,



Supplies:
Stamp - None
Paper - My Minds Eye DP, Generic CS
Ink - None
Other - Prima Flowers, SU Large Oval Punch, Cricut Storybook Cartridge

7 comments:

Amy said...

Neat page Banu! I love your colors!

Rebecca said...

I love what you did with the sketch. It looks awesome! I've got to get on this layout. And I'm glad your cricut is getting some use again ;)

Jen said...

Sweet page Banu! I really like the colors used...they show off that great photo well!

heidi said...

very nice! i've been neglecting my cricut, too. need to break it out again. thanks for playing along with us!! - heidi, sketchy thursdays

Tessa Buys said...

I just moved from California and I miss the orchards so much! I love your take on the sketch!

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

Angela said...

I love your use of the DP here.... Kind of vintage looking; lovely!

Unknown said...

I went out to CA with DH in the truck and I was amazed at the carnation fields truly beautiful. A big orchard would be a site to see also.

Great job on the sketch.