Friday, April 09, 2010

PPA #37 - Flower Theme

The Pals Paper Arts challenge #37 is Flower Themed cards :) Even though they do not ask you to use SU products, this is one challenge where I try to use my SU stamps..coz it is nice to think out side the box.

Amongst all my SU Stamps - I have two favorite flower stamps - A little happiness and Eastern Blooms..so I decided to be generous and do two cards for this challenge :)

For my first card using - A Little bit of Happiness. This card was inspired from this card that I saw on SCS. I used water color brush to create the effect she had done on her card....but then the rest of the design is mine :)

Here is my card,



I used my new SU Supplies - the new border punch from SAB, the new corduroy buttons from Occasions Mini (I think)..

Here is my second card using Eastern Blooms. I kept it simple. I just love this Cherry Blossom (I think??) flower image from this set.



I added some Stickles to the flower centers. Some PTI Raspberry Fizz ribbon and a tag with sentiment completes the statement.

Supplies:
Stamp - SU Eastern Blooms, Three Little Words, A Little bit of happiness
Paper - PTI Sweet blush, white, black CS. SU White, Red, Crushed Curry CS
Ink - Memento Black, SU Markers
Other - Nestabilities Tags, PTI Raspberry Fizz Ribbon, Water brush, Offray Yellow Ribbon, SU Corduroy brad, Prima Flowers, SU Modern Label punch, SU Border Punch.

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are lovely! I am a CAS fan so I love the cherry blossom one! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Unknown said...

Can't get enough flowers, love your creations;)

Angela said...

Wow, these look great! Beautiful coloring on the first card and I love how you have used the Stickles on the second card!

Julie said...

Such beautiful cards,not just here! have checked out lots of pages. great blog! x

Jen said...

Both cards are beautiful! I'm drawn to the cherry blossom on for some reason. I love how simple and elegant it is!

Meghana said...

Love your work, Banu!! Each card is so unique!!!

Amy said...

How did I miss these two beauties? I love them both, so bright and springy!

Rebecca said...

I love the stickles in the cherry blossoms. And the soft pinks are perfect. Isn't that new SAB punch awesome! I have found myself punching scraps just because I like it so much.