Thursday, May 27, 2010

Off The Wall Craftiness Challenge #8 using CPS Sketch

I discovered Kim's blog during May papertrey ink blog hop and wanted to play with her latest challenge #8 which was an inspiration photo. I used the latest CPS Sketch #168 for my card,



I used PTI Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores together for this card. I punched out some Umbrella's from a Martha Stewart Punch and popped them using foam dots. I used Kraft, Lavender Moon and Hawaiian shores for the umbrella's. Sentiment is from PTI Scattered Showers. I Kept it generic so I could use it for multiple occasions.

In retrospect, I feel like I could have added some ribbon or buttons..but somehow this card looks kind of clean and neat and I am liking it a lot. :) I think this is another one of those sketches that I will go back to.

Here is the inspiration photo,



Here is the CPS Sketch,



Thanks for stopping by,

Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Scattered Showers
Paper - PTI Hawaiian shores, Lemon Tart, Lavender Moon, Kraft and Aqua Mist
Ink - Memento Black
Other - MS Umbrella Punch, SU 1 1/4" square punch

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great use of the sketch Banu, love it!

Amy said...

Banu, I love this! I don't think it needs any ribbons or buttons--it's perfect the way it is!

Kim Wilson said...

Banu your card is a fabulous example of CAS! Its really nice! Good luck girl :)

Jen said...

Rain drops keep fallin' on my head...they keep fallin'...thought I'd sing to you! Such cute card!

Angela said...

Cute! That punch is adorable and I love the fun layout!

Ujjwal said...

Hi Banu, thats a great way of using the sketch...I loved those punched umbrellas.

Thanks for stopping by on my blog and deciding to be a followers!! I feel so appreciated !!

Hugs
Ujjwal

Rebecca said...

You've got some great cards on here lately Banu! I love this one, it totally caught my eye. The layout is so CAS and the colors you went with are fabulous!