Friday, August 07, 2009

Mojo Monday 98 combined with other challenges

It is not Monday - but here is my Mojo Monday card :) I guess it had to be a Friday for me to get the mojo :)

I have combined a few challenges into this card,

1) Sketch is from Mojo Monday 98 Sketch
2) Second is the copic challenge of coloring eyes. I did not have any images that had was good for eye coloring and this stamp from Gina K designs caught my eye. I researched on the internet that Horned Owl which is quite common in North America has yellow eyes. So I tried to get that effect using my Copics. I used - Y11, Y15 and W5 for the eyes. A blend of grey and brown for the skin.
3)Flourishes Timeless Tuesday (FTTC27) - The challenge was to use hardware - any kind. I have used a metal ribbon slider and grey brads on this page :)

Here is my card,



In retrospect, If I had made this card in Purple/Lavender shades, I could have completed the OCC color challenge as well. :) Oh well!! Next time :)

Supplies:
Stamp - Gina K Designs - Owl Always Love You
Paper - Making Memories DP, PTI Kraft CS, GKD Pure Luxury White 120lb
Ink - Memento Black, Memento Blue for edging, Copics
Other - Ribbon Slide from SU Hodgepodge hardware, Generic Brads, Marvy Giga Punches

4 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute Banu! Your owl looks great!

Chris said...

that owl is damn cute! i just ordered him!! your card is great!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the use of blues!

Unknown said...

What a cute image, I love this layout;)