Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC40

Hi Folks, Happy Saturday, I wanted to share this card that I did for The Play Date Cafe Challenge #40 - Black and white with a splash of green. Their sponsor this time was Memory box, so I had to create a card with my Memory Box Bird on a branch stamp set.



I used PTI Background Basics Text and stamped it on a black and white patterned paper and then used some green ribbon and CS to add the splash. I am quite happy how this turned out. The card is much nicer and brighter in real life. Somehow this was the best picture I could get of it.

Here is the inspiration picture,



Thanks for stopping by,

Stamp - Memory Box
Paper - PTI White, New Leaf and Black CS, Luxe Designs Patterned Paper
Ink - Memento Black and PTI Inking cube
Other - PTI New Leaf Ribbon, PTI Vintage Button, Black Twine

9 comments:

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Beautiful card..The silhouette stamp is lovely and so is the background..The shade of green is perfect!

Amy said...

Lovely! I really like the LO on this, and I would never have thought to put green with B & W. But I will now--great job!

Imke said...

Lovely !! It looks so elegant. Very pretty card.

Alice Regan said...

Very beautiful card. Clean, simple lines ...and I love the images of the branches and birds.

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, the text looks wonderful on your BG, the bird silhouettes are lovely! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Lovely background and love that you used the Memory Box birds and branches too! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a simple and beautiful card! I love that ribbon--LUSH:) Great images and papers! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Chris said...

this turned out so elegant! love that stamp!!

Angela said...

Wow, Banu, this is gorgeous! What a great idea to stamp the text on the DP...brilliant! I love this!!