Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #58 - Roman Holiday

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #58 this time was inspired by the movie Roman Holiday. I cannot tell you how much I love this movie. I have seen it N number of times and still never get tired of it. :D I have plans to see this movie again this weekend :)



Some of my fav scenes are when she does not realize she has to pay for the flower :) or when Gregory Peck puts his hand in that Idol or statue and pretends he was hurt :) Or even the last party scene on the boat :) Amazing movie and amazing acting by my two fav actors....

I was so enthused by this challenge that I ended up doing two card for this.

The first one was inspired by the Vespa that they drive around in Rome. I kind of imagined it to be of a pale or dirty green :) So here is my card using the Scooter image from Rupa Shevde's "Are We There yet" set.



Supplies:
Stamp - GKD Are we there yet set
Paper - SU DP, SU Grey and PTI White CS
Ink - Memento Black, Copics
Other - Buttons, Pearls and Nestabilities

My 2nd card was inspired all these beautiful A cut dresses that Audrey wears in the movie. I used another Rupa Shevde set called Retro Boutique. I paper pierced the dress and added some pearls and flowers :)



I used the Unscripted Sketch #31 for this card.



Supplies:
Stamp - Gina K Designs - Retro Boutique
Paper - Making Memories DP, PTI Melon berry CS
Ink - Memento Black
Other - Prima Flowers, Pearls, Offray Satin Ribbon

8 comments:

Juli Smith, said...

Both designs are simply sweet - nice job!

Maureen said...

love the vespa image and the sentiment that goes with it!! Perfect for a Miss You card!! Thanks for playing with us this week :)

Sarah said...

Ohhhh loving both of these!!! While I adore Vespa's ...the Unscripted Sketch take is my FAV...LOVE that dress and those flowers...great take on our sketch this week...thanks for playing along!
Sarah M.
Unscripted DT

Nancy K said...

These cards are both adorable. Great take on the challenge!

Sweet Momiji said...

Both cards are great! Wonderful take on the challenges!
Thanks for playing with US!

Hollie
Unscripted DT

Sweet Momiji said...

Both cards are great! Wonderful take on the challenges!
Thanks for playing with US!

Hollie
Unscripted DT

Kelly said...

beautiful card! love the soft coral colors!- kelly

Brooke S said...

WOW! Both of your card are just adorable.. I love the Vespa... And the paper piecing soooo cute.. I also love the soft colors you used on the dress card... So beautiful.
HUGS
Brooke