Thursday, November 12, 2009

Holiday Cards

I wanted to share some Holiday cards that I have been working on. So, sorry in advance for the long post :)

1) I found this real cute ginger bread man stamp in Michael's dollar stamp bin. I had not bought PTI's Holiday Button bits stamp set but have been ogling all the neat cards made from that set and this stamp reminded of the gingerbread man from that set. So here is my card from that stamp,



It is not as cute as the image from PTI Set, but still was a fun card to make.

Supplies:
Stamp - Generic Gingerbread Man stamp
Paper - Fa La La Collection from Making Memories, Generic Card Stock Base, GKD Pure Luxury 120lb White CS, PTI Smokey Gray CS
Ink - Memento Brown
Other - Generic Golden Satin Ribbon, Nestabilities, Buttons

2) This is the card that I did for the Squigglefly Monday Sketch Challenge. They have a new challenge on their blog every Monday. I also used another Digital stamp from Squigglefly. This is their latest release - Mr. Snowman. There are some wonderful samples out there with this stamp. I kept my card pretty simple.



Here is the sketch,


Supplies:
Stamp - Mr.Snowman - Digital Image from Squigglefly
Paper - Fa La La Collection from Making Memories, GKD Pure Luxury 120lb CS, GKD Metallic Gold Paper, Generic Card Base
Ink - Copics
Other - Nestabilities

3) The last card I am sharing uses a stamp image from Gina K Designs StampTV Kit - Holiday Cheer and it also uses a technique called Split Negative - showcased by Gina on StampTV. Here is a link to the video that has the tutorial for this technique. Mine of course has not come out as Gina has showed..but I am quite happy with the outcome considering this is the first time I am doing it.



I used the bow easy (sold at Gina K Designs) to create this beautiful double looped bow. I cannot tell you how easy it was and how professional and neat it looks. This is one of the best purchases I have made. Gina also has a tutorial on how to use the bow easy on stamptv.

Supplies:
Stamp - GKD Holiday Cheer StampTV Kit
Paper - GKD Black, GKD Metallic Gold CS, Martha Stewart Christmas DP, Generic Card Base
Ink - Versamark
Other - Black and Gold Embossing Powder, Generic Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Nestabilities


THANKS for your patience and for looking. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

All these cards are beautiful, Banu. My fave is the snowman--that is the cutest snowman i have seen in a while, and you've done such a great job coloring him! That split negative card is so elegant with the gold and black!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Banu, I love how you did the last card have to try it when I get some mojo back! The gingerbread is very cute as well.

Susan said...

These are all such great cards! Love that ribbon, what a great color! The gingerbread man and snowman are SO cute! And that tree is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Where do you find the time! Look at all those wonderful cards! That gingerbread mand is adorable...I broke down and bought that set yesterday...=)