Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just Us Girls - Technique Challenge

Just Us Girls Week 7 - Technique Challenge was Dry Embossing. I have been wanting to CASE one of Dawn McVey's card from her latest set that was released yesterday..Signature Greetings. You can see her card here in this link. I do not haver that set yet, but I used another PTI set called Handwritten note.

Here is my card,



I created a background panel that is dry embossed using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I stamped the image from Giga guidelines on Spring Moss CS and used some ribbon. The sentiment was just cut out and popped up to give it some dimension. Some pearls completed the card.

Here is the Just Us girls Challenge,


Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Giga Guidelines, PTI Handwritten Notes
Paper - PTI Spring Moss CS, Gina K Pure Luxury White CS
Ink - PTI Spring Moss and Dark Chocolate
Other - Offray Ribbon, Pearls, Cuttlebug

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful job -- great colors, and love the overall design!

thanks so much for playing along at the JUGS challenge this week - hope we'll see you again next Saturday!!

Jo said...

Lovely card Banu, really elegant. Hugs Jo x

Amy said...

This clean and simple card is so elegant, yet so sweet! Love that shade of green and the pearls. Very very pretty!

Annie said...

aww, really-really cute!!!! I love your color combo :)

AKiteFlier said...

Banu - lovely casing! I just used Giga Guidelines tonight - FUN set - super sweet card! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again next week for our next challenge!

Andrea M said...

Pretty card! I can't wait to get Giga Guidelines - you've used the set so effectively :) Great take on the challenge :)

Anonymous said...

So elegant and simple! I love it!

Unknown said...

you used my fave cb folder this one sits on my desk at all times. What a wonderful CASE this is a beauty.

Sue Lelli said...

Pretty even if it is cased! LOVE your color choice and the giga stamp. Swiss dots for the background were perfect!

Susan said...

Soooo beautiful!! I think this is better than the one you cased!! Shh, don't tell her. ;) I may have to case YOU!!

Chris said...

gorgeous! love the simplicity of this! >"<

Kristin Eberline said...

Banu...I love love love the birthday card you made! The color palette and the overall design are so elegant!! Just beautiful, my dear!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you on Saturday for a fun color challenge hosted by Lisa!