Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative challenge #99 - Edward Scissorhands

Cinema Saturday Challenge #99 is Edward Scissorhands. I have not seen this movie although Johnny Depp is my fav actor. So after seeing the challenge, I went and looked up in Youtube and found some trailers. I saw an overwhelming black and white that Edward wears in the movie and him being unique due to his Scissorhands, so those two inspired this card. It does look kind of plain in retrospect, maybe I can give it another try :)


I die cut that label shape from PTI Dies and then added some doodling around the edge. The image "Original" is from the {ippity}Stamp set - Love in Return. Patterned Paper is from My minds eye

I also used the Card Patterns Sketch #86 for this card.



Thanks for Stopping by,
Stamp - {ippity} Love in Return
Paper- PTI Soft Stone and White CS, SU and MME patterned paper
Ink - Memento Black, Black Copic Marker
Other - MME Glitter Ribbon

6 comments:

Amy said...

I really like this Banu! I don't think it's too plain--it would make a great masc. card.

Agata said...

Nice masculine card! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Smita said...

Nice!!! I haven't seen the trailer even and I was intending to play along this week... guess I will have to give it a miss though :-(

Hugs,
Smita

Smita said...

Waiting to see your ribbon technique :-) With so many types of embellishments available out there, I am sure you'll manage fine without stamping ;-)

Tee said...

I've seen the movie at least 4 times..there were times when star movies loved this movie..played it over and over..I love johnny depp in that...though translating a movie to a card..tough!!
Its a great card for a guy!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me loads of love :D

Tejal

Chris said...

very cool! i love the b & w combo here, very edward!! it's a good movie, rent it this weekend...lol