Monday, October 25, 2010

PTI Blog Hop - Diwali Wishes

If you are looking for the Monday {ippity} Hop Post, please scroll down or Click here.

CHALLENGE: There is always a lot of focus on Christmas in our industry this time of year, as that is what the majority of the population celebrates.  However, this month's blog hop is dedicated to those that celebrate winter holidays other than Christmas.  Create a project that celebrates Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or some other winter holiday as we embrace everyone's beliefs in a celebration of diversity through paper crafting.

This challenge was perfect for me to create some Diwali or Deepavali Cards for my friends. Diwali is the Indian Holiday that falls around Winter time. It is called Festival of Lights. Although I did not really use Lights on my cards, but went with more Indian Theme.

For my first card, I used Guide Lines II set along with the Guidelines Paper and created this beautiful background with Orange and Green colors. I then printed the sentiment from Computer, cut it out with Nestabilities and added a simple bow and pin. This motif background has a Indian feel for me. I am in love with these Hat Pins. I bought some pearls from Hobby Lobby the other day and did this pin :)

For my second card, I used the Round and Round Anniversary set, stamped it in Orange and layered it on some Dark Chocolate cut with the PTI Mat Stack die. I love this die and it goes so well with this set. Paper is from the DCVW Taj Mahal collection - beautiful Indian themed paper. I added the sentiment that I printed from computer.

For the last card, though not my best and did not truly turn out how I was anticipating it - I used the flowers from About you set and the sentiment again was something that I printed. Again one of my pins... In love with these :)

There was this one image in the PTI 2008 holiday tag set, a star surrounded by this elegant scroll work, I thought would fit the theme of Diwali as well, as we hang these star shaped lights around the home, but then I was not getting good design ideas..maybe next time.

Thanks for stopping by,
Supplies:
Stamp - PTI About You, Guidelines II, Round and Round Sets
Paper- PTI White, Rustic White, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Guidelines CS, Crate Paper and DCVW Patterned Paper
Ink - Memento Black, Memento Pottery Clay, PTI Raspberry Fizz, PTI Ripe Avocado, PTI Dark Chocolate, Ranger DI - Spiced Marmalade

40 comments:

AllMyHobbies said...

These are great! I was hoping someone would make a Diwali card. Love the guidelines background colors, too.

Jen Carter said...

All 3 are beautiful and unique! great job on the guidelines paper you made, very pretty color combo!

Unknown said...

Great cards~ love learning about all these other holidays and customs!

Laura Isham said...

These cards are so FUN! The colors, the patterns, the layout are just leaping off my monitor.

Traci Nachtrab said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Amy said...

These are all beautiful, Banu! I love your stick pins.

Imke said...

Banu, ALL the cards are so beautiful !! Absolutely fantastic !!

Keva said...

Oh, I think they are fab. I especially like the Taj Mahal paper...really nice.

Adele Fowler said...

really gorgeous card!! love the guidelines background so pretty :)

Helen F. said...

Your cards are all so beautiful~~and your pins are gorgeous!

Dana said...

An absolutely amazing set of cards. I love the patterns on the first...really pretty. The second one just SCREAMS Diwali to me..gorgeous. And the third is unexpected, but creative!
So glad I stopped here on the hop!

Brittney said...

Your cards are just so pretty!

Babies-Beth said...

I love your cards, and am happy to learn of your holiday! Since 'Festival of Lights' is also a Jewish holiday, the sentiment is in Mozel Tov~

Isha Gupta said...

Great cards Banu....you inspired me to make Diwali cards....its just so near....too many things to do till then...lol.

Mariah said...

All 3 cards look Indian inspired and I really love the pins...great job!

Christi said...

love those pins!! the cards are so gorgeous! I love the patterns and colors.

Lea L. said...

These are very pretty! I love the bright colors, and the fun pins you added!! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop challenge! ♥♥♥

farmhouse-story said...

wow, these are all just gorgeous, banu--and i'm in love with your pins, too:)

Kara said...

they are all so pretty...love the second one!!:)

Terri said...

Great job on all 3 of them! Thanks for sharing more about your holiday too!

Harriet Skelly said...

All three of your cards are just gorgeous!!

Maggie said...

Great cards..that paper totally fits the theme, and I love the orange and green colors :)

Kelly S. said...

BEAUTIFUL cards! I love all the vibrant colors and patterns, reminds me so much of Indian fabrics! Love the Guide Lines background!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous cards, Banu! Diwali is very close isn't it? I have to make some for my guests for the Diwali day dinner party. Thanks so much for the inspiration. beautiful work as always :)

Marge said...

WOW, these are AWESOME -- you ROCKED this challenge!!!

Chris said...

these are all gorgeous cards!! love your hat pin too!

Anonymous said...

wow, these are gorgeous

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful Cards! All three are so unique and your stick pins are lovely as well.

Cammie said...

You did an amazing job with these cards! Each has a beautiful Indian design. And your pins are so elegant!

Lisa H. said...

wonderful creations. love the patterns and feel of these cards. thanks for teaching us all a little about Diwali. oh, and your pins are gorgeous.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Tons of fun creations. Great job with the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Paula Laird said...

Beautiful! The 2nd one is my favorite! It's so lush! Love the pins on the 1st and 3rd! Great cards all around!

Kristii said...

Absolutely fantastic work!!! I love them all!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful! The background is so well done. Your stickpins are lovely. Thank you for the information on the holiday.

pattylt said...

Ohhh, those colors are dreamy. What a great holiday you picked. Now I am off to discover Diwali! All your cards are fantastic but I love your background on the first one and the third one just rocks!

DF said...

What gorgeous cards! I particularly like the first one, you did such a great job on the patterned background.

Spardha said...

Wow!.. beautiful Diwali cards!.. thanks for sharing your fab ideas! :)..

Donelda said...

awesome Dawali cards - your friends will love them!

Smitha said...

Beautiful cards Banu!
Love the bling on your blog!!!


Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Smitha

Jen said...

These are fabulous! I really like the background you created on the first one. Oh and the foil design on the second...oh and the pins..all are beautiful!