Friday, October 29, 2010

Damask Inspiration from Moxie Fab World

I was totally inspired by the Damask Post on Moxie Fab world. Oodles of fun and inspiration. So I ended up doing two cards for this,

1. I did a simple Holiday card using the PTI Damask Designs Stamp set. I stamped the Sweet Blush cardstock with the border image and then just layered it with some ribbon and the sentiment on the PTI Fillable Frames Die. This card was inspired by the pink and brown Damask Prints bag in the post.


2. I was really impressed by the very first Yellow damask photo in the Moxie Fab world post and just could not get that out of my mind, so I used the Card Patterns Sketch #87 to create this Friendship card. I kind of liked how this turned out as well. I used the Chair-ished stamp set with this card. I created my own border using one of the single images from the PTI Damask designs stamp set. I just loved the Yellow Damask background with the chair, although I used a brown chair in my card :)

Here is the card patterns sketch,

Thanks for stopping by,
Supplies:
Stamp - PTI Damask Designs, PTI Chair-ished stamp sets
Paper - PTI Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold, White CS
Ink - PTI Dark Chocolate, Memento Black, PTI Raspberry Fizz
Other - PTI Raspberry Fizz and Dark Chocolate Ribbon, PTI Vintage Buttons, Nestabilities, SU Punch

10 comments:

Amy said...

Both of these are lovely, but I REALLY love the damask paired with the little chair! Wonderful job on both.

Smitha said...

Love the Damask.. Have to get working on my Damask cards this weekend... :)

Ash said...

I really did not know that is what it is called.... I kept wondering what it was & I DO NOT KNOW IT! Ha! So that is what is called DAMASK... The lovely Indian Patterns.... How much I love it & was so ignorant of the name.....

I loved your cards.... Very elegant are the simple looks.... Hugs))))

Ash.....
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Imke said...

Banu, thanks for the inspiration. Everytime i see this stamp set - i thougt what to do with it. Your cards looks absolutely adorable. Love it !!

Chris said...

gorgeous cards!! my fave is the damask...i can never get mine to line up this good....lol

jen said...

These are great! Particularly love the way you incorporated the chair!!! :)

Bhavana said...

adorable cards.. loved the stamping

Unknown said...

Beautiful job on both creations I also love the yellow look.

Jen said...

Both cards are beautiful! Great job with the backgrounds!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Banu! Thanks for linking up to the Diggin' on Damask challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you came along for the ride! :)